MEET VIRGINIA! An Organizational Behavior and Human Resources major at UNT who is currently working at Fidelity Investments – Human Resources Rotational Program!
We asked Virginia some questions about her plans for graduation, advice for current students, and how UNT helped her to succeed and SOAR BEYOND!
- When you started at UNT, what were your plans after graduation? How have these plans changed (if at all)? I had no plans after graduation. I didn’t know if I wanted to go into grad school, or if I wanted to just work full-time somewhere until I found a full-time offer.
- What advice do you have for prospective or current students as they decide what they want their next steps to be (internships/careers/etc.)? It is very important to network. Go to as many career fairs and on-campus events that allow you to meet with potential employers.
- How did your program at UNT help you to feel prepared for this role? UNT has offered many HR specific classes that teach students the principles. As well as professors who are dedicated to teaching students.
- How did you find your current role (website, email, word of mouth, etc)? I was able to network in my professional development class and speak to one of Fidelity’s Talent Acquisition team members.
- How did the Career Center help you? The Career Center has been really helpful in supporting my career path. They have provided me the resources to become a professional leader.
Would you like to be featured in our Soaring Beyond Success Series? Email Jeanette Hickl. We’d love to share your story!