Tips for filtering, searching for, and saving jobs.
- With thousands of jobs and internships for students on Handshake, how can you find the ones that are right for you?
- When you create your Handshake profile, and add your interests like cities and job roles, you’ll start to receive personalized job recommendations. And your recommendations will change as you update your profile—so you’ll always see the most relevant jobs.
- In addition to recommendations, searching on Handshake can be an incredibly useful tool for locating the jobs you want. Searching, saving, and applying to jobs also helps you receive better job recommendations. Handshake modifies your job recommendations based on your activity, to show you jobs that are similar to the ones you like.
Here are some tips for how you can leverage search features today.
- Filters and keyword search
Start by clicking Jobs on the menu bar of your Handshake dashboard. This will take you to the job search page, where you can see recommended jobs and begin your search. You can narrow down the jobs you see by using filters and keywords.
- Add one or more filters to your search to find the jobs that best match what you’re looking for. Commonly used filters include Job type (including internship, full-time, part-time) and Location.
- Clicking the Employer preferences filter will show you jobs in which the information in your profile is a match for what the employer has specified they’re looking for. You can either select “All employer preferences match” or expand this filter to choose specific preferences such as your Major, School Year, and Graduation Date.
Also, check out Handshake’s series called GET HIRED REMOTELY.