CAREERS RELATED TO YOUR MAJOR
Are you wondering what career options you have with your major? The following resources provide information about the career possibilities associated with each major. There are many resources available to help you discover the many career opportunities related to your major. You may be surprised by the number of options available to you.
- What Can I Do with This Major? is a site you can use to find career areas related to your major. Click on a major of interest to find common career areas, employers and strategies for maximizing career opportunities.
- Are you unsure about the organizations that hire people in your major? This list of Employers by Major will help you get a better feel for the career opportunities available to you. You can search by state and regionally, as well.
- O*NET OnLine is the nation’s primary source of occupational information and can be used to research careers related to your major. Data about wages, employment trends, and related occupations is also included. The information can be filtered by state.
FIND YOUR MAJOR AT UNT
Using this resource, you can learn more about each of the majors offered in UNT’s Colleges and Schools.
Congratulations, you’ve made it to college! You are taking the first step towards your future. Did you know that as a freshman you should start preparing for your career now? Getting a degree is a great accomplishment, but unfortunately a degree alone does not guarantee you’ll find a great job. Luckily, the Career Center can help. It is important to set yourself apart by getting an early start on career preparation.
3 aspects to work on during your freshman year at UNT to prepare for your career:
- Explore Your Options: Learn about major and career options.
- Get Involved: Student organizations, campus events, and volunteer opportunities can help you to gain professional skills employers look for. Find out how you can Get Involved at UNT.
- Gain Experience: Having experience is a crucial part of finding a professional job. On-campus jobs, internships, and job shadowing are all great ways to gain experience. Find opportunities to gain experience on Handshake.
Need help with this? Make an appointment with the First Year Career Coach or stop by the Career Center. Knowing your options, getting involved and gaining experience can help you land your first professional job. Plans can change, so know your options! We want to prepare you for your destination, your future!