Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
This role reports to the Research & Development Senior Engineer. As an Intern for the LEAD R&D program you will be eligible to apply early to join the LEAD program upon your graduation.
The integrated Direct Current (DC) Power division of ABB works primarily on embedded systems for the telecom industry.
- The R&D group at ABB handles all the product development, design, and support for the business.
- A typical assignment involves the use of CAD and analysis tools to design and improve products as well as hands on exposure to the products and testing.
- As an integral team member in the R&D group you will be responsible for attending team meetings, meeting your set deliverables, and contributing the project schedule and requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
Currently enrolled in bachelor’s degree program in electrical or computer science degree is preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.