Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation, and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices, and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX, currently has an opportunity for Associate Engineer, Restricted Substance and Materials.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position serves as a liaison between Abbott and multiple suppliers to initiate and coordinate restricted substance activities including generating objective evidence for design confirmation, verification, and compliance. You will be responsible for building relationships with suppliers and maintaining contact information to ensure regulatory objective evidence is up to date and inquiries are answered promptly and completely.
- Generates specifications and other documentation related to materials, finishes, and restricted substances.
- Releases and manages Engineering documentation related to materials and restricted substances.
- Utilizes knowledge to plan and execute strategies for Restricted Substance management.
- Manages large amounts of supplier, part, and material information using spreadsheets and proprietary databases.
- Assesses impact to products based on newly identified restricted substances (e.g., SVHCs – Substances of Very High Concern).
- Specifies and recommends alternate materials that do not contain Restricted Substances based on application and functional equivalencies.
- Pursues updated regulatory documentation for parts and materials.
- Works with cross functional organizations to ensure new and updated designs conform to RSM directives.
- Coordinates activities and initiatives with Corporate Stewardship.
- Manages materials testing selection and procedures, verification, and reporting of results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in materials engineering or closely related discipline.
- 2+ years of component engineering experience.
- Knowledge of restricted substances regulations and standards affecting IVDs and biologics desired.
- Familiarity with Restricted Substance directives, specifically, EU RoHS and REACH.
- Experience and education in materials science (metals, polymers, finishes, etc.).
- Demonstrated Technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability using Teamcenter Product Life-cycle Management and RSM tools (APLM and GEMS).
- Familiarity with the use of materials analysis tools and processes (e.g. XRF, spectrophotometry, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills, analysis, and presentation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- FINANCIAL SECURITY through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- HEALTH CARE AND WELL-BEING PROGRAMS including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- PAID TIME OFF
- 401(K) retirement savings with a generous company match
- THE STABILITY OF A COMPANY with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR BENEFITS THAT ADD REAL VALUE TO YOUR LIFE TO HELP YOU LIVE FULLY: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.