Responsibilities will include assisting the Engineering and Certification department. Tasks include creating project schedules and overseeing the correct implementation of these schedules by engineering and certification departments. Tasks also include assisting the Technical Writer with the creation and verification of technical documents (installation instructions, instructions for continued airworthiness) and assisting the Certification Project Administrators with the creation of certification plans.
Duration: Multi – Semester
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
1. Project Function: 40%
- Provide assistance to Project Engineers for the creation and follow up of detailed STC schedules.
- Responsible for managing, organizing, and securing electronic data, documents, files, and records in the AHI Engineering and Certification SharePoint sites.
- Requires communication with Program, Industry, Purchasing and Quality departments.
2. Tech Writer Function: 30%
- Provide assistance to Technical Writer for the creation and and verification of technical documents (installation instructions, instructions for continued airworthiness).
- Requires communication and working with industry on aircraft.
3. Certification Function: 30%
- Provide assistance to the Certification Project Administrators with the creation of certification plans and other certification documents.
- Requires learning about FAA rules and certification requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science (BS) or equivalent degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university
- Responsibilities will require resourcefulness, organizational skills and the ability to coordinate activities across company functions.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in 2D or 3D design of detail parts, assemblies and/or installations.
- None noted
- None noted
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- MS Office Products
- None noted
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- MS Office Products
- 0% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Intern will learn organization and be able to do tasks without supervision once trained.
- Exempt: 0
- Non-exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause program delays and result in reallocation of additional resources.
Nature of Contacts:
- Moderate Communication on a daily Basis with internal parties only
- Onsite: 100% – Daily
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings on a daily basis.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms on a daily basis.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications on a daily basis.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts on a daily basis.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis. Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools on a daily basis.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer on a daily basis.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving on a daily basis.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor on a daily basis.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice on a daily basis.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces on a daily basis.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.