We are completely flexible as to when this internship starts and finishes, we only selected dates to create this post.
We are looking for an intern that can be with us a few months, learn about Accounting and Finance for our Grocery Distribution Center that can house up to 65 million in product.
We are flexible with the weekly total hours, we can work with as little as eight hours per week up to 24. We typically work Monday through Friday in Accounting.
You would be mentored by the Controller and Accounting Manager.
ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP – FOR ALBERTSONS / TOM THUMB
DISTRIBUTION CENTER / WAREHOUSE / TRANSPORTATION
ROANOKE DISTRIBUTION CENTER – Roanoke, TX
· Complete and distribute daily/weekly reports to include: Service level, gross profit, inventory turns, progress, and labor reports. Coordinate with expense payables clerk to ensure invoices are routed and approved for payment in a timely manner. Confirm ledger coding is correct.
· Assist Accounting Manager in period balance sheet reconciliation activity.
· Create general ledger journal entries
· Complete freight system updates, financial accruals, and reports as needed to align with transportation backhaul activity.
· Review daily system reports to confirm system activity is being reflected accurately for financial reporting requirements.
· Interact with Buying TEAM regarding weekly account activity
· Monitor all general ledger activity to confirm accuracy of postings and promptly respond to any changes deemed necessary.
· Complete ad/hoc reporting
· Update KPI dashboard for operational publication
A plan is in place to offer the selected intern a broad understanding of all functions within the Accounting / Finance Department. Exposure to SQL and R will be available.