Who We Are…
ALM is a business-to-business information and intelligence media company that delivers premium content to professionals in the legal, financial services, benefits, consulting, property and casualty insurance, and real estate industries.
About the Team: ALM’s unequaled access to top firms and their inner workings, our incisive analysis, and proprietary data make us the first choice for any discerning legal professional. Leaders and strategists rely on ALM Intelligence to address competitive challenges directly and remain ahead of their peers. ALM Intelligence provides proprietary data, analysis, and tools designed to empower our clients’ success. Our products are engineered to provide our clients with unique business intelligence to power critical decisions and market differentiation. Our analysts and researchers leverage their extensive industry knowledge and ALM’s vast data repositories to deliver cutting edge analysis in the legal, management consulting, financial advisory, insurance and risk vertical.
The Role: The Associate Research Manager is a remote position, reporting to the Director of Survey Research. The Associate Research Manager is responsible for the quality and timeliness of the design, management and reporting of business of law research, with a focus on legal compensation.
The ideal candidate should have solid project management skills and proven analysis skills, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of market research and survey design, a can-do attitude and a desire to continuously look for ways to improve and grow the business. Due to this being a remote position, you must have stellar communication skills to build relationships and collaborate virtually. This is a junior level position that will start you on the path to advance within ALM.
- Project management and execution from research design to final reporting; manage multiple revenue generating projects and deliverables
- Develop survey instruments that deliver actionable content to address clients’ research questions
- Program surveys into our research platform
- Monitor data collection to ensure all surveys are performing at optimum levels
- Research secondary and third party sources where applicable
- Conduct data cleaning, analysis, report creation and database management
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite to analyze data outputs
- Proven ability to turn large data sets into written actionable insights
- Extremely organized, strong project management stills; attention to detail and project quality
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a fast paced environment and be a conscientious team player.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and solutions oriented mindset
- Ability to remain flexible and professional in challenging situations
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and have an extremely strong work ethic.
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Law, Education, Publishing, or a related discipline is preferred. MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in the legal, publishing or market research field, and have been exposed to and are comfortable with the basics of market research.
Why you should join ALM…
- Generous Benefit Plans for Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
- 401(K) Plan With Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days & Sick Days)
- Summer Fridays – Early Office Closure
- 10-12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care & Medical Expenses
- Parental Leave
- Career Development Learning & Training Opportunities
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Corporate Discounts Including Gym Memberships, Gift Certificates, Sporting Events, Movie Tickets
- Flexible Work Schedules