Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
Network Planning is currently hiring Analysts to join one of several teams throughout the NP organization including Global Planning, Scheduling, Network Innovation, Fleet Analysis and Long Range Planning.
What you’ll do
Global Planning team members manage the network outlook and capacity decisions for each hub and market, consistent with strategic goals that team members help to define and present to leadership. Analysts develop market-by-market plans to maximize profitability, forecast new routes and conduct ad-hoc analyses to drive long-term value for the network. Global Planners have a passion for strategic thinking, problem solving and continuous improvement. Planners are outstanding at discerning trends and deriving meaning from large volumes of data using advanced Excel skills, Tableau, SQL and other tools.
Schedulers take frequency inputs from Global Planning and ensure that all operational requirements are met. The analysts drive network value by finding opportunities to improve timings, increasing utilization and/or optimizing markets for aircraft size through creative scheduling and problem solving. Schedulers also serve as front-line contact points for all management and operational groups, including stations/hubs. Successful schedulers have knowledge of American’s worldwide network, a passion for the commercial aviation industry, and a strong aptitude for problem-solving.
Network Innovation is the “R&D” team supporting Network Planning and Commercial teams. Its primary goal is to generate, evaluate, and operationalize ideas to improve our network competitiveness and strengthen the long-term profitability of our enterprise. Analysts will operate at the intersection of commercial strategy and operational performance, combining network scheduling, strategic thinking, and analytical capabilities to produce a 5-Year Network Plan for the airline. This 5-Year Network Plan aims to determine the strategic direction of the company and helps answer questions such as what hubs we should grow, how do we best deploy airplane assets, and seeks to identify how we create a more profitable network.
The Fleet Analysis team works collaboratively across the Commercial, Finance and Operations organizations to determine the optimal aircraft fleet the network needs and ensure their seating configuration (LOPAs) are highly efficient and profit-maximizing. Analysts will help answer questions that seek to determine how many airplanes the company needs, what types of airplanes we should fly, and what is the most optimal onboard cabin product mix.
The Long Range Planning team is responsible for forecasting capacity across American’s global network, and translating capacity, pricing and competitive trends into forecasts of system revenue. Members of the Long Range Planning team execute complex, multifaceted enterprise commercial strategies and communicate them at all levels within the company, and collaborate with partners across and outside the Revenue Division to plan for the future of the airline, including ensuring the people, aircraft and infrastructure are in place to maximize profitability.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a business or aviation-related field from an accredited four-year university with an approaching graduation date
- Thorough understanding of the airline business, commercial goals and how to translate these into strategic network and fleet plans
- Proven financial and analytical skills, including ability to logically structure analysis of complex issues and develop creative solutions
- Flexibility in adapting to new ideas/approaches and business processes
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups and quickly develop relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization as well as external contacts
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Advanced Excel skills required
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.