Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- The role is a part of the Revenue Management Operations Research team within our Revenue organization.
- The Operations Research group is made up of three teams supporting the Yield Management, Pricing and Ancillary funtions within Revenue Management. You will solve the complex problems facing American through quantitative analysis and analytical models to improve revenue performance.
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Implement prototype solutions using programming languages such as Python and Java, statistical tools like R, as well as business insights
- Develop a solid understanding of core airline economics and be well positioned for potential advancement
- Work with various commercial groups to creatively solve company business problems
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- BS, MS in Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field
- Experience solving large-scale problems and familiarity with the airline industry are a plus
- Working knowledge of Python, R, Java, or other relevant programming languages
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to learn and use computer-based tools and programming languages to implement solutions
- An aptitude forlogical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Willingness to show initiative and take ownership of job responsibilities
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.