Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Successful candidates will have a passion for problem solving, creative thinking, and continuous improvement.
- This role is part of the Network Planning and Scheduling Team within the Revenue Division and will be available during either the Fall 2021 or the Spring 2022 semester.
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Gains knowledge of the airline industry, American Airlines, and competitive issues related to Network Planning
- Learns department tools, sources of scheduling and planning data and schedule development process
- Provides data and analytical support for teams throughout each stage of schedule development
- Develops optimal schedules for the American and American Eagle network
- Assists in finding opportunities to improve timings, increase utilization, or optimize markets for aircraft size through creative scheduling and problem solving
- Presents ad-hoc project with the goal of solving complex network problems and providing innovative solutions for the business
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credit hours)
- Major/Minor in an Aviation, Aeronautical, Finance, Business, Economics, Operational Research, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related degree program
- Minimum Sophomore level
- Must be able to work full-time during regular business hours
- Must be able to work for 12 weeks during current semester
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Participation in Academic Associations and extracurricular activities
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong aptitude for complex problem and puzzle solving
- Flexibility in adapting to new ideas/approaches and business processes
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups and quickly develop relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills