Are you a passionate problem solver? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself and others to the highest standard? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an opportunity that will impress you.
We are looking for interns to join our team for Summer 2021.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work.
- Competitive hourly rate (with overtime possible)
- One-on-One mentorship
- Structured Training Program
- Opportunity to Travel
A DAY IN THE LIFE
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager Intern, who is passionate about the construction process to join our team. At ARCO, an Intern will assist Project Managers with the following:
- Estimating – Describing project proposals and assigning dollar values to the projects.
- Scheduling – Creating a working timeline for subcontractors/trades in order to complete the project on time.
- Design meetings – Attend design meetings with owner and team to understand design process with structural engineers, architects.
- Buyout – Send bid instructions, schedule, and drawings to subcontractors. Receive and evaluate proposals, then award the subcontracts.
- Permitting– Fill out permit forms, submit forms with drawings and fees, then send to city/county/fire and wait for approval.
- Shop Drawing and Submittal Review – Receive shop drawing or submittal from subcontractor, give to PM, communicate to subcontractor that they can begin ordering material and working.
- Billing – Subcontracts, change orders, pay requests, and pay applications.
- Job Site Visits – Visit job site with PM, make sure project is running smoothly.
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 out of 4.0
- Currently enrolled in BS in Engineering or related field
- Prior industry internship experience is a plus
- Extracurricular involvement is a plus
ARCO is one of the fastest-growing, privately owned companies in America, completing over 4,000 design/build projects across 48 states. Ranked #1 distribution and warehouse builder, #9 entertainment builder, #7 out of the top 100 design/build companies in the U.S, and #20 on the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2020. We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference at ARCO? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you.