Job Title: Internship – Business Journalism
Job Type: 6-month internship
Start Date: 15th February 2021
Work Hours: 9am – 6pm (Monday – Friday)
Location: Houston, Texas
Argus is a major provider of energy and commodities markets information to the world, and we are currently looking for three brilliant graduates to join our paid journalism intern program.
You should have writing talent in English, a real desire to be a reporter, an analytical mind, a strong work ethic, the ability to learn fast and an interest in how markets work.
In this program, which spans up to six months, you will be provided with intensive training in business and economic journalism, commodity markets reporting, market analysis and the production of reports, with hands-on experience in a number of different market-reporting teams as well as with our news team.
At the end of the six months, interns evaluated as top performers will be offered full-time permanent employment as reporters.
- You will be provided with four weeks of intensive training followed by rotations in different commodity sectors such as oil, natural gas, fertilizers, metals and generating fuels
- Following training, you will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence to contribute to producing weekly and monthly price assessments, market analysis, news and reports
- You will have daily contact with commodities producers, consumers, distributors, traders and other key market figures to build relationships
- You will help to build and curate data sets that help explain market dynamics
- By the end of the program, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in reporting and writing breaking news, and in analyzing markets for daily and weekly market commentaries
Skills and Experience needed
We are looking for:
- A top-grade undergraduate degree in journalism or another serious academic discipline
- Ability to learn quickly, to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – especially Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Fluency in English. Other languages are an advantage
- Demonstrable interest in global business, politics and economics
- People who are self-motivating, well-organized, and inquisitive by nature
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive intern salary
How to Apply
If this program grabs your attention, please send us your CV, accompanied by a cover letter with 300 words that describe what you would like to achieve from this program.
Application Deadline – 19th January 2021
Please also keep 26th January 2021 free as this will be the date of the assessment day for successful applicants. This will include a writing and math test.