Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Argus is looking for smart, energetic and curious early-career journalists who are interested in the vital and rapidly changing world of commodity markets, the building blocks of commerce and society. Our reporters delve deep into spot markets, identifying trends and assessing the prices that ultimately drive the global economy.
Successful candidates will begin their Argus journey through our early career program, which will expose them to several different commodity markets as well as a stint on the News team, followed by placement with a specific commodity team.
In this role, you will apply and develop your reporting skills across pricing, news and analysis and play a key role in continuing and expanding our breadth and quality of coverage.
*Start Date January 2022*
- Produce high-quality news and analysis stories and, eventually, spot commodity price coverage.
- Learn and grow with Argus as you get a handle initially on various desks and learn to write in our style and voice, eventually focusing on a specific beat.
- Engage with sources to ensure a close understanding of market developments through daily contact with traders, producers, consumers and other key market figures to build relationships and gather news and price information.
Education and Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, economics or a related field.
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous learning and ability to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English, and strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts.
- Strong coordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 25 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions