ROLE AND PURPOSE:
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environment Factors
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks and other classroom equipment.
NOTE: In order to minimize current campus disruption, current teachers and classroom assistants may only apply to job postings if the position is a promotion. A promotion is defined by an increase in salary grade or incremental stipend. This does not apply if the transfer window is open.