An Equal Opportunity Employer*
Job Title: Teacher – Online Classroom Support (THREE OPENINGS)
Areas needed: Three – math, science, and English Language Arts
Exemption Status/Test: Exempt/Professional
Reports to: High School Principal
Dept./School: Aubrey High School
Provide instruction, support and guidance of the learning process through a focus on students’ individual needs. Respond to requests for academic support from students, teachers, and parents. Work collaboratively with the digital learning team, content teachers, and technology helpdesk to address instructional and technical questions. Work closely with teachers, students, parents, and other district staff to advance each student’s learning toward established goals. Work closely with content teams to produce online instructional materials.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university is required
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for grade and subject area
Ability to communicate (verbal and written), ability to instruct and ability to maintain emotional control under
stress. Knowledge of subjects assigned, general knowledge of curriculum and instruction and good knowledge of
child growth and development. Demonstrate strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office, Google
Suite, Zoom, and Edmentum LMS). Willingness to work some evening hours, as needed to support some families.
One-year student teaching or approved internship is essential
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and maintain a positive and academically focused learning condition in the virtual environment
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of subject matter
- Develop a deep understanding of the AISD Curriculum
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative regulations and district initiatives
- Maintain daily office hours and work virtually with students individually and in small groups as needed to support learning and mastery of standards
- Develop and implement the components of online learning best practices for effective instruction
- Employ the use of technologies in the teaching/learning process: technical proficiency in Google Classroom, Edmentum, and Zoom preferred
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study
- Present for students a positive role model that supports the mission of the school district
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes in learning environment, content subjects/disciplines
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of online classroom behavior and digital citizenship
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials and facilities
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents and community members
- Promote the district and all campuses in a positive manner within the school and community
- Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly to colleagues, students, parents and community
- Participate in the district staff development program
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement
- Demonstrate human relations skills that are professional, ethical and responsible
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school regulations and policies for online classroom teachers
- Compile, maintain and file accurately and correctly all reports, records and other documents required
- Administer standardized and other tests as required
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills; demonstrate self-initiative and organizational skills
- Perform other duties as required
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment.
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Deadline: Resumes, a copy of credentials, and the application will be accepted until the position is filled.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.