WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
The Research and Data Services team (RDS) is a passionate and diverse group of the industry’s top corporate research professionals. This team plays a critical role in responding to research requests initiated by Bain Case Teams which have a direct impact on client work and business success. As a senior specialist on this team, you will be surrounded by supportive and engaging co-workers who are eager to help you learn and develop your skills as a corporate researcher. Successful candidates will have a passion for research, enjoy the challenge of hunting and digging for data, display exceptional time management and organization skills, and work effectively under the pressure of quick deadlines.
WHERE YOU’LL FIT WITHIN THE TEAM
The RDS Senior Specialist provides comprehensive research and information services to consulting, practice area and business function staff. Frequently works as part of case teams to facilitate research planning, information management, training, and capture of research experience. The Senior Specialist may have specialized knowledge of resources in one of Bain’s Practice Areas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conducts research for case teams, Practice Areas and client development utilizing appropriate sources as assigned under the guidance of a Lead, Manager or Senior Manager
- Responds to requests from Private Equity case teams on a variety of industries, companies, products and statistical information
- Provides filtered and well-organized research results
- Proactively works with Private Equity case teams to understand the project context and specific information needs
- May build industry and/or capability expertise by attending Practice Area meetings, industry conferences and regular reading of trade and internal publications
- Solicits feedback from internal clients
- Takes part in staffing regional RDS Help Desk
- Participates in or leads asset building including knowledge sharing, source documentation, and other projects as assigned
- Participates as an active member of the Private Equity RDS Team
- Participates in ongoing product and service evaluations and resource development activities and participates in implementation as appropriate
- Leads scheduled business research and just-in-time training
- Tracks personal research requests real-time, including cost recovery information
- Participates in Research and Data Services marketing efforts
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen skill set by participating in special projects
- Provides ongoing support for asset-building activities including orders and new acquisitions, cost tracking, and cataloging of new items
- Processes and codes invoices as needed
- Degree in information science or business from an accredited university – or equivalent higher education degree
- 3 – 6 years of experience conducting business research in a fast-paced consulting, financial services or other business setting or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Factiva, Refinitiv databases and other business research tools preferred
- Training and presentation skills preferred
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in native language and English required
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 61 offices in 38 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% among other consulting firms. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.