At Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking motivated college students for the 2021 Internship program to work in Dallas on various projects. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
- Learn about managing the project budget by controlling expenditures, coordinating owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor, and ensuring successful office support related to overall cost and schedule.
- Learn about Safety and Quality Control programs and how to coordinate actions to address problems.
- Learn about company procedures, the correspondence process and handling, etc. with the Office Manager in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Learn how to review and process submittal data and shop drawings.
- Understand how to coordinate submittals, deliveries, etc. that affect the project schedule with the Superintendent.
- Monitor/review weekly and monthly status reports and weekly subcontractor meeting minutes, change orders, etc. to understand process.
- Understand change documents and change proposal requests for price review.
- May go with Project Engineer to meetings with architect and owner representatives to understand information required by owner, necessary progress reports and summaries, and how action plans from owner/architect meetings address all outstanding issues related to the project.
- Learn how changes, clarifications, directives, RFIs, etc. are updated on “as-built” plans and coordinated with company supervision and subcontractors/suppliers.
- Learn how to maintain RFI logs and change request log.
- Currently enrolled in a Construction Management program.
- Prior commercial construction internships or work experience, very helpful, but not required.
- Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Participate in training, seminars, task team meetings, etc.
- Demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction details about miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, radiation protection, etc.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spread sheets, etc.
- Possess good self-organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at:Phone: (214) 468-4700Email: BBTalent@balfourbeattyus.com