On top of being a winner of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Dallas by the Dallas Business Journal, Beck Technology is a uniquely positioned software company creating technologies to revolutionize the design and construction industries by significantly improving decision making early in preconstruction.
Beck Technology is an equal opportunity technology provider in the construction industry whose products include 3-dimensional parametric modeling applications, next-generation 2D/3D integrated estimation platforms, and optimization technology that pushes the boundaries of what is capable in today’s marketplace.
“Innovation In All Dimensions” is not only the company tagline but also the rule that Beck Technology employees live by. Beck Technology’s entrepreneurial culture provides an environment where you “can get out what you put in”. Since we are a fast-growing organization, we need extremely eager people who are capable of fulfilling the critical role of assuring quality in our software.
This position requires working within one of the best software engineering and quality teams to design and implement automated tests that are of the highest possible quality and conform to all Beck Technology standards and processes. This position also requires an innovative mindset and implementing tests that are scalable for future product changes. Additionally, as a member of the team, you will be committed to learning whatever is necessary to complete the tasks given to you. As a Software Test Automation Engineer within Beck Technology, you are responsible for learning all aspects of software development including design, documentation, specification, development, testing, and maintenance. You are expected to work with and genuinely care about your team to use what you have learned to assure the quality of our software.
As a Software Test Automation Engineer within Beck Technology, your primary responsibilities will be to validate user workflows by creating scalable automated tests, performing necessary maintenance on the test suite such that existing tests run without issues, and executing and validating the results of our test suite.
We routinely run user interface (UI) automated tests to validate our desktop and web applications. To ensure product quality, most of our automated tests are based on real-world workflows adopted from our clients in the preconstruction industry. Our applications constantly change due to product evolution, which adds an additional layer of complexity to our automated tests. Sometimes, our automated tests break as part of expected functionality changes and require maintenance to run again successfully. In the meantime, our team keeps up with product evolution milestones through manual testing. As a Software Test Automation Engineer within Beck Technology, you have the opportunity to reduce our manual testing efforts and ensure that we can respond quickly to product evolution by creating and maintaining scalable automated tests.
In the coming years, our current desktop applications will be migrated into web applications, which will require a huge shift in our automation efforts. In the meantime, our Software Test Automation Engineers will support and expand both our Selenium web automated tests and our Ranorex Studio desktop automated tests. Your contribution to this migration effort will enable all of us to get new technology and solutions into the preconstruction industry more quickly. Each day, we strive to produce quality applications that our clients will fully believe in and trust. Ultimately, giving the right product to our preconstruction users empowers them to make our built world a reality.
You can succeed in this role if:
- You have programming experience.
- You have experience writing and maintaining the code for UI automated tests.
- You are passionate about what you do and have a desire to innovate to make a difference in our industry.
- You genuinely care for the people you work with and the people you create solutions for.
- You can break down problems and have the will to do what it takes to get the job done.
- You consider yourself to be part of the development team.
- You continuously live by the phrase “work smarter, not harder”
You will bring bonus points if you have:
- Experience using Ranorex Studio or Selenium
- Experience creating automated tests for desktop WPF or web applications
- Experience with C# and SQL
- To be successful in this role, we expect:
- Within 1 month:
- Have a basic working knowledge of Beck Technology products.
- Have a basic understanding of the preconstruction industry and problems we are trying to solve
- Have a basic working knowledge of our Ranorex Studio and Selenium frameworks
- Within 2 months:
- Work within Beck Technology’s development and testing processes.
- Demonstrate understanding of either Ranorex Studio or Selenium by doing simple test automation maintenance.
- Perform basic Git operations with limited to no assistance
- Within 3 months:
- Implement new methods for either Ranorex Studio or Selenium
- Implement new validations for either Ranorex Studio or Selenium
- Within 6 months:
- Significantly contribute to our efforts to automate new user workflows in either Ranorex Studio or Selenium
- Within 1 month: