We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell is seeking a self-motivated Entry Level Component Technology and Standardization Engineer to join Bell’s Engineering Operations team and provide engineering support all controlled component commodities. The Engineer is responsible for ensuring compliance with global environmental regulations and requirements on Bell’s products. The Engineer will coordinate the workload between a cross functional team to develop, implement, and monitor company-wide approach to compliance with industry, environmental, and company policies. This is position is located at Bell’s headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Responsible for defining component requirements and preferred component selection to achieve optimum lifecycle cost and minimize recurring cost for standard/vendor parts.
- Investigate and analyze component and supplier data.
- Coordinate with component suppliers to develop component designs.
- Review test data for approving sources and resolving part quality issues.
- Participate in problem isolation/resolution as a result of a Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) notices.
- Create and maintain company standards in the absence of existing industry standards for multi-source procurement.
- Participate in cross functional teams to maintain industry and environmental compliance.
- Understand and explain component standards and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s or 4-year degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Engineering Technologies, Mathematics, or Physics
- Required: At least 5 years’ experience working with engineering; component, materials, or processes engineering; manufacturing engineering; test and evaluation; sourcing; inspection or qualification.
- Required: Prior experience and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Experience with Dassault Systems CATIA products is preferred.
- Certification in Dassault Systems CATIA V6 and ENOVIA is beneficial.
- Level I: Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required in a curriculum that uses CAD systems, such as engineering or software development.
- Level II: Required: 5+ years of engineering; component, materials, or processes engineering; manufacturing engineering; test and evaluation; sourcing; inspection or qualification experience.
- Level III: 8+ years of engineering; component, materials, or processes engineering; manufacturing engineering; test and evaluation; sourcing; inspection or qualification experience.
- Level IV: 11+ years of engineering; component, materials, or processes engineering; manufacturing engineering; test and evaluation; sourcing; inspection or qualification experience and demonstrated experience leading and coordinating component selection and management on a project or program.
Ideal Candidates Also Have:
- Familiarity with a Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) software, data management software, and document imaging software.
- Practical and working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and associated markings.
- Familiarity with component standards including National Aerospace Standard (NAS), Army-Navy Aeronautical Standard (AN), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), SAE Sematec, and American National Standards Institute (ANSI), etc..
- Familiarity with the Data Management and Technical Data Package exchange doctrines and methods described within DoD Directive 5230.24, MIL-STD-963, MIL-STD-31000, SAE-STD-859.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and able to learn new software.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate and/or exchange complex information with industry and internal professionals across all organizational levels.
- Candidate should be highly organized and efficient.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.