At Bell, thinking above and beyond is what we do best. For more than 80 years, we’ve been reimagining the experience of flight – and where it can take us.
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. And today, we’re defining the future of on demand mobility.
* Day in the Life of a Materials Science Intern:*
Bell is seeking intern Materials Science Engineering students to join a dynamic team that is leading the future of vertical lift. We are seeking Engineers that strive daily for innovation and settle for nothing less than excellence.
This position is responsible for providing materials and process guidance during rotorcraft development and production; and performing failure analysis of rotorcraft components.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Providing design guidance for material selection, process methods, and inspection controls
- Developing and maintaining material and process specifications
- Creating test plans and technical reports
- Production support
- Executing laboratory testing and analysis, which may include Chemical& Process Laboratory, Non-Destructive Inspection, Field Investigation, Metallic Materials, and Non-Metallic Materials.
- Must be a current student enrolled in a university and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher at the time of the Summer Intern Program.
- Degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or similar is strongly preferred.
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the start of the internship.
- 3.0 minimum overall, undergraduate GPA is strongly preferred.
Minimum Requirements for a Materials Science Engineer at Bell:
- PC proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of assignments.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to fulfill the length of the Summer Intern Program (May 26th-August7th).
- Collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 285334