I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of this position is to develop new product formulations, adjust existing formulas, evaluate processes, procedures and materials; provide technical support; and oversee the company ISO system.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design, test and develop new product formulations, and evaluate and adjust existing formulas.
· Evaluate and approve production processes, testing procedures, new raw materials and suppliers.
· Evaluate, specify, and oversee the acquisition and set-up and maintenance of laboratory test equipment.
· Develop, review, approve and maintain product technical specifications.
· Provide technical information and training to sales staff, customers and industry groups.
· Define and implement product and process quality assurance requirements and specifications.
· Oversee company ISO system
· Prepare, present and discuss projected and ongoing operating budgets as required.
· Capable of performing as an Application Engineer on the technical aspects of the products
· Regulatory compliance such as SDS authoring, GHS label compliance, Dangerous Goods, NAFTA, REACH, etc.
· Maintain product registrations (NSF, OSPAR, etc.)
· Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
· Other duties as assigned.
III. PRE-HIRE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Lubrication Engineering or related field.
· 5+ years experience in the development, testing, and manufacture of oil field pipe thread compounds or similar industrial lubricants or sealants. Participation in industry organizations and/or testing programs.
· 2+ years in the design, setup and supervision of product development/research test programs.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including technical writing and oral presentation skills.
· Familiarity with Statistical Process Control, and analysis methods.
· Familiarity with rotary and premium thread design.
· Documented learning in a certified program in quality management and/or auditing.
· 2+ years experience in the implementation and/or supervision of an industry recognized quality system.
· Familiarity with REACH and CLP.
· Travel requirements approximately 25%
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, an occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment. The employee must occasionally work near moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve the generation or handling of hazardous and industrial wastes. Duties may include the proper accumulation, labeling, transfer, and handling of wastes in your area.