Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably’s Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Sales Development Associates are integral drivers for sales and generating revenue by establishing qualified customers that are looking to get a “Better” mortgage. This fast-growing team continuously innovates and iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to our customers. Our technology generates a pipeline of potential customers, so that our Sales Development Associates can focus less on prospecting, and more on engaging, qualifying, and moving borrowers throughout their mortgage journey.
This is a unique opportunity to also work cross-functionally across the org; including our product, engineering, and marketing teams to name a few! This role will not only allow you to share customer insight in order to improve Better’s core technology, but you will also have the ability launch and build upon your own career here at Better.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with prospective customers via phone, text, and email
- Working alongside our loan consultant team to nurture a funnel of customers
- Educating customers about the homebuying process, mortgage terms, and general mortgage rate inquiries
- Taking a consultative approach to help customers overcome issues and achieve homeownership goals
- Building rapport and maintaining consistent touch points with customers
- Continuously meet and exceed monthly metrics
- Getting your NMLS license (this will be required within your first 3 months)
- Note: This role may require some weekend availability
- Desire to help each consumer with one of the most meaningful financial transactions of their life
- Build rapport and foster relationships with prospective customers
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal / written) and interpersonal skills
- Display a high level of empathy, integrity and work ethic
- Collaborate and partner closely with your team to achieve company and team goals
Working at Better:
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
*While we are all working from home currently, we are planning to return to our offices soon. Because this is a licensed role, we are unable to offer permanent remote Sales positions at this time.*
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.