Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and be an impact player making a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: Match Support Specialist
Provide regular case management support to match participants to ensure longer and stronger match relationships. Conduct match introductions to launch new match relationships.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
– Maintain an assigned caseload of 80-100 Community Based and/or School Based matched
– Contact volunteers, parents and children according to agency standards based on length of match, in order to:
– Provide both on-going risk management and support to keep the match going;
-Discuss match activity, personal safety reminders, and goal accomplishments;
-Make assessments and produce comprehensive documentation related to individual training needs, information, and support needs for each match participant.
-Share information about agency activities, programs, and opportunities to donate.
– Conduct match introductions and match closures according to BBBSA and agency standards.
– Re-engage volunteers, children and parents as appropriate after match closure.
– Conduct match evaluations/satisfaction surveys and annual outcome evaluations with parent, child and volunteer; input according to BBBSA and Case Management Manual.
– Write and input comprehensive assessment notes within agency database regarding case management discussions according to BBBSA and agency timeframes and standards for every touch point with a match participant.
– Attend match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to make meaningful in-person contacts with matches.
– Become familiar with community resources for client information/referral and sharing knowledge and information with staff members as appropriate.
– Participate in monthly supervisor meeting to share pertinent information and escalate issues as they arise.
– Assist with agency special events as requested.
– Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a social or human science, such as social work, sociology or psychology.
– One year experience in a non-clinical case management environment preferred and within a role that required a heavy volume of phone work for extended periods of time.
– Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and keyboard skills of at least 45 words per minute error free.
– Prior experience working with a database helpful.
– Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local venues’.
– Flexibility to work with diverse populations.
– Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus but not required.
– Candidate should reside in Dallas County or Collin County area as position reports to our Dallas, TX office.
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including retirement (matched); medical, dental and life insurance; HSA option; flexible spending account; awesome time-off and casual dress.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,570.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- non-clinical case management environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- heavy volume of phone work for extended periods of time: 1 year (Preferred)