At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing AvionX is seeking an Entry Level Avionics Software Engineer (Embedded Systems) to join a small and innovative team developing avionics systems for commercial aircraft in a Linux/C++ environment. This unique and exciting position will support multiple new and existing development programs. The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter, comfortable working alone, in teams, and with geographically diverse stakeholders. This position is located in Plano, TX.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Gathers information to support software project management
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Supports software research and development projects
- Troubleshoots basic software issues
- Works under close supervision
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at Plano, TX.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with either C++ and/or on the Linux Operating Systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.