Lightning Protection Estimator
Review all estimate documents, previous proposals, and other documentation to prepare concept design, material, labor and equipment costs for estimates and project change orders by performing essential duties and responsibilities.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities according to the Mission and Core Values of the Company
- Ability to read plans, blueprints, specifications, narratives, details, etc. for navigating and researching projects for an estimate.
- Knowledge of UL96A, NFPA780, and LPI175 standards
- Researches project scope of work, specifications, layouts, and architectural, structural, and electrical plans, previous proposals, and/or projects to develop a concept design for estimating lightning protection and grounding systems.
- Apply standards and specifications to structure for lightning protection and grounding estimates
- Coordinate with vendors on special products and pricing for estimates in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Division Coordinators and Manager to request estimate information, contradictions in estimate documents, and resolve estimate problems and/or concerns.
- Prepares written proposal/quotes with the scope of work for the customer
- Documents and data entries all estimating itemized materials, equipment and a clear scope of work, how project is estimated and general specification/layout project requirements
- Ability to use BlueBeam software for estimating with plans, Google earth, photos, etc.
- Review updated plans, specifications, layouts, and details for changes in the estimate.
- Knowledge of company products, company procedures and industry standards
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to make decisions on estimates and qualify quote as needed.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screen
- Customer service experience
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Fluent in English with the ability to read and write
- Ability to manage a fast-paced position with large quantities of bids/estimates to coordinate
- Working knowledge of Windows software (Outlook, Word & Excel), Electronic plan software; Internet software; Project Management software
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) preferred with one to two years related experience; or equivalent administrative experience in the construction industry.
Position Benefits and Training:
- Company-paid medical and life insurance
- Company-paid union benefits
- Company-paid holidays and paid time off
- Retirement: union pensions, 401(K) savings, profit-sharing
- Safety training and certifications (Zero Injuries is our Goal!)
- Guaranteed 40-hour paycheck (rain or shine)