Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You’ll Do
At BCG Platinion, we are looking for both Data Engineering and Software/Full-Stack Engineering Summer 2022 interns to support the design, development, and implementation of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for clients looking to transform in the digital space. At BCG Platinion, we are thinkers, makers, and doers who love solving hard problems. We aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive into the weeds of complexity—in fact, that’s our job. Our ideal candidates will have core engineering experience within web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to support the creations of beautiful, state of the art products for our clients. We will review candidate applications for both Data Engineering and Software/Full-Stack Engineering internship roles and determine which is the best fit based on their experience and skillset.
Data Engineering and Software/Full-Stack Engineering interns at BCG Platinion are:
• Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
• Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, designers, business consultants, and other engineers who will all challenge and support each other.
• Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
At BCG Platinion, you will:
• Support builds of technology products, platforms and systems at varying levels of fidelity and scale from lightweight mock-ups to full production apps for clients.
• Demonstrate technical skills and/or content knowledge in a discipline or field. Use state-of-the-art methodologies, tools, and best practices.
• Provide a high level of quality on all work performed.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Pursuing bachelors or masters degree in computer science, engineering, analytics or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of when to proactively seek help and learn from critique or failure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to “get things done”.
Additional Desired Competencies:
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Data processing technologies and tools, e.g. Spark, pandas, numpy, dask
- Scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Java, Python, and C#
- Web services and message formats such as JSON, XML
- Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions etc.
- Mobile languages and frameworks such as Objective-C, ReactNative, and Java
- Analytical (e.g. Redshift, Synapse, Snowflake), Relational (mySql, Postgers) and noSQL databases
- Emerging technology like AR/VR, IIoT, AI, Blockchain.
- Data science and visualization applications such as MLlib, scikit-learn, d3.js
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.