User Experience (UX) Researcher-Remote
Brands across the world are reinventing their businesses at an accelerated clip to exceed consumer expectations. Bottle Rocket sits in a unique position to help these organizations build products that improve outcomes for the business and ultimate delight for its customers. We’re looking for people like you to join our team today as Client Coordinator.
Who you are:
As a UX Researcher, you are highly collaborative, strategic in planning and executing research, and committed to evaluating user-centered customer experiences. As a subject matter expert, you are focused on utilizing research methods to help stakeholders understand customer needs, behaviors, and expectations with the goal of informing both tactical as well as strategic efforts. You are a highly effective communicator and influencer who can act as the customer advocate. You spread curiosity and empathy.
In this role, you will work closely with senior researchers, product leaders, marketers, data analysts, and engineers throughout the product development life-cycle and help translate research findings into actionable insights to improve usability, conversion, customer retention and engagement. You will apply a range of research approaches including generative qualitative inquiry, participatory design, cognitive walkthroughs, and concept feedback. You will utilize various methods at different points along the design process to answer different types of questions, serve as a key resource to guide teams through Design Research methods.
Remote opportunity available.
What you will do:
- Identify the best research method or mix of methods needed for a project based on research question assessments, timelines and available resources
- Plan and conduct generative and evaluative user research studies by employing a variety of research methodologies such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Ethnographic Studies, Contextual Inquiry, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Card-Sorting, Benchmarking, etc. to gauge customer experience impact and track user success measures
- Lead, facilitate and partner with teams through the qualitative research process, inspiring a human-centered design approaches and outcomes
- Provide hands-on design research
- Manage multiple concurrent research activities through close alignment with project teams
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 additional years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing user research projects in user-centered and service design focused environments
- Experience in design research activities including planning, moderation, analysis and synthesis, insight translation and communication of findings required
- Advanced knowledge in design research industry practices and emerging trends
- Proven track record executing all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment screener, facilitation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations)
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative skills to arrive at well thought-out, and data supported recommendations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge and practice of the spectrum of qualitative user research methodologies with an emphasis on generative research in both lab and field settings
- Ability to coach and guide non-researchers in the practice
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Remote user testing application knowledge
What’s in it for you:
- “Work from Wherever”- remote working environment
- Self-managed vacation (no limit on the number of vacation days you can take in a given year)
- Focus on work/life balance
- Health, vision & dental benefits
- HSA contribution
- 401(k) matching
- Paid parental leave
- Transparent environment
- Many fun company-wide events
- Top-of-the-line tools
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here.
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.