The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County is currently accepting applications for Comin Up Outreach Specialist. The Comin Up Outreach Specialist, under the supervision of the Comin Up Program Director responsible for recruitment, participation, Comin Up programming, administrative duties, facility and child safety.
Duties include but not limited to: recruitment, outreach services, promoting site participation, programming, quality programming, and early intervention, actively participate on multi-disciplinary team. Responsible for documenting all services, accountable for safety at assigned site, and be a positive role model.
Work sites are located in low income areas, challenging neighborhoods, and growth neighborhoods. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and at times moderate or very loud. Position requires working with at risk and gang involved youth.
The Comin’ Up Gang Intervention Program serves at-risk and gang-involved youth between the ages of 13-24 years in Fort Worth communities. Comin Up Program provides needs-based services and activities in efforts to reduce gang violence and influence positive change.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Mimimum of one year of experience working with at risk youth or gang involved youth
- Experience working in social service setting and providing social services
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- Ability to work regular program hours which includes day, evening and night hours with periodic weekends (required night programming hours are 7:00pm – 11:00pm Monday – Friday)
- Ability to be patient with youth and adults
- Ability to connect with others quickly; ability to establish rapport and build relationships
- Ability to persuade, influence, and motivate others into action
- Ability to work with at-risk youth
- Ability to work with limited supervision and have good judgment
- Knowledge of local communities and /or community resources
- Knowledge of problems and barriers at-risk youth face
- Must be a team player, willing to collaborate and make team decisions
- Must be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be able to pass any and all required background screens and drug screens at any time
- Position requires driving personal vehicle and company vehicle. Candidate must have satisfactory driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and liability insurance for operation of a motor vehicle relevant to carrying out duties and to be covered under company insurance the requirement is for the employee to be a minimum of age 21
Pay & Benefits
Pay: $15.50 per hour
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement with 5% match, Holiday, PTO
Key words: social work, social worker, psychology, sociology, social services, criminal justice, criminology, counseling, counselor, MSW, BSW. LMSW, LBSW, LPC, LPC-I, case manager, case worker, case management, non profit, not for profit, youth, children, teens, underprivileged, gangs, at risk, outreach, community, assistant, assistance