Broadcom’s Mainframe Software Division is looking for excellent software engineers with a passion for building high quality applications using agile practices to join our development team as interns during the summer of 2023.
Mainframe systems are at the heart of the digital economy, with 80% of the world’s structured corporate data residing or originating on mainframes, and 55% of all enterprise applications hitting the mainframe to complete transactions. Our industry-leading products are critical to many Fortune 1000 companies.
The internship will run from mid-May to mid-August. Each intern will work on a scrum team, have a technical mentor and a manager. Internships are available for:
- Full stack developers
- Assembler developers
- UI developers
- Actively communicate and collaborate within the team and across functional boundaries.
- Perform new feature development, complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks, as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to analyze and translate business requirements and write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done.
- Adopt a test-first approach to software development in which, where possible, the test is developed before the code.
- Create automated unit, system, and acceptance tests.
- Contribute to team retrospectives; help to identify and resolve team impediments.
- Graduate students or undergraduates entering their junior or senior year pursuing computer science, data science or cybersecurity.
- Mainframe coursework or Master the Mainframe a plus.
Other desired experience:
- Experience working on or with Automation tools