MORTGAGE BANKER CAREER PROGRAM – (L.O.C.K School)
Do you want to start a rewarding career with 6-figure earning potential where you can make a positive difference in the lives of others? Want to have a fulfilling career which embodies the entrepreneurial spirit? Want to have a career that provides lucrative financial opportunity? You can have all three if you can step into the Financial Services world of mortgage lending.
Our L.O.C.K. School (Loan Officer Career Kick-Off) is a 6-week, fully paid, learning and development program that provides top industry licensing, training, and lead volume. Caliber’s Consumer Direct Channel will select 25 seniors/alumni each recruiting season to work in the Coppell/Irving Headquarters, where their careers will be fast tracked into top producing Mortgage Refinance Loan Officers. Interested in a 6-figure income earning potential at the #1 Mortgage Company in America?
Employees who work at our Coppell, TX headquarters experience additional perks which include: standing desks, complementary coffee and tea stations, an on-site gym, an activity center with ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house café.
The mortgage industry is an exciting and rewarding business. At Caliber, we believe in investing in the future. We are seeking energetic, detail oriented, and talented graduates to come join our paid, 6-week training program for a career in mortgage origination. Professionals who are passionate about serving others, and possess a strong work ethic, can turn this opportunity into a life changing career.
Caliber will provide you with unparalleled training including a deep dive into the industry, hands-on full knowledge of mortgage lending, sales training from industry leaders, as well as organization and time management tactics you need to be successful. Successful candidates will be mentored by top industry trainers and producers! After completing the initial stage of the 6-week paid training, graduates will be given ongoing heavy commission leads along with a competitive base salary.
Why Caliber? We are the nations #1 distributed Non-Bank Retail Lender, and have been selected as #2 “Best Companies to Work For” by Mortgage Executive magazine. Recently, we were selected as the #1 “Top Mortgage Company in America” by Mortgage Executive magazine. We are leading the digital transformation of our industry and are closing loans on the blockchain. We invest in our people like no other company, and believe in developing careers for college graduates, not just providing them a job.
This role will provide you with a salary, a competitive financial incentive plan, licensing, an excellent benefit platform including a 401k with company matching, health/vision/dental, and paid time off. We also offer additional voluntary benefits. These benefits include: life insurance, employee assistance programs such as free counseling sessions, legal assistance, financial planning, employee discounts with a variety of outside vendors, discounted rates and reduced fees on mortgages, outstanding marketing & business development support, as well as downstream leadership and management opportunities.
While attending Caliber’s Premiere Campus Program, you will:
- Observe various departments to achieve a basic understanding of the department’s roles, philosophy, and interactions within the loan process. You will use information gained and debrief in class to hone presentation skills and share knowledge.
- Participate in classroom learning via hands-on, group-oriented case study reviews using micro-learning and experiential learning.
- Complete self-directed online assignments, and apply what you learn that day while gaining foundational concepts.
- Take and pass the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) exam prior to graduating from the course.
Upon graduation, you will:
- As a fully licensed Caliber Loan Consultant, present Caliber Value Proposition to potential and current borrowers, and solicit new mortgage loan opportunities within existing and potential customer base.
- Promote the Caliber brand; support and reinforce those actions and behaviors that enhance the brand.
- Provide guidance to borrowers on loan refinance flow
- Work with a dedicated team to ensure optimum customer service and loan quality; collaborate with Loan Processor on follow-up of conditions and loan status communication to borrower and referral partner.
- Ensures federal and state required compliance documentation
A successful candidate is:
- Highly responsible and dependable with a committed focus on the customer
- Self-motivated and driven to establish a career through hard work and discipline
- Independent, resourceful, and entrepreneurial-minded with an innate desire to take the initiative
- Self-aware and able to take instruction; remain coachable and accept responsibility
- Self-confident and easily able to build long-lasting relationships
- Willing to demonstrate a sense of urgency, dedication, and passion for exceeding expectations
- Proficient in Social Media, Microsoft Office applications, and overall mobile and computer skills
A successful candidate possesses:
- Effective communication/listening skills
- Minimum 2 years’ sales experience (strongly preferred)
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- Excellent presentation skills
- A strong yearning for learning
- Completed an internship (preferred)
- Participated in extra-curricular activities on campus (preferred)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0