Do you want to start a rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in the lives of others? Want to have a fulfilling career that embodies the entrepreneurial spirit? Want to have a career that provides lucrative financial opportunity? You can have all three if you can break into the Financial Services world of mortgage lending.
The mortgage industry is an exciting and rewarding business. At Caliber, we believe in investing in the future. And we are seeking energetic, detail oriented, and talented graduates to come join our paid, year-long training program for a career in mortgage origination. Professionals who are passionate about serving others and possess a strong work ethic can turn this opportunity into a life changing career.
Caliber will provide you with unparalleled training including a deep dive into the industry, hands-on end-to-end knowledge of mortgage lending, sales training from industry leaders, and organizational and time management tactics you need to be successful. Successful candidates will be assigned a top-performing industry leader for additional mentoring.
Why Caliber? We are the nations #1 distributed Non-Bank Retail Lender and have been selected as #2 “Best Companies To Work For” by Mortgage Executive magazine. We also were recently selected as the #1 “Top Mortgage Company In America” by Mortgage Executive magazine. We invest in our people like no other company and we believe in developing careers for college graduates, not just providing them a job.
This role will provide you with a base pay, a competitive financial incentive plan, licensing, health/vision/dental insurance, and an excellent benefit platform including a 401k with company matching. We also offer additional voluntary benefits like life insurance, Employee Assistance Programs such as free counseling sessions, legal assistance, financial planning, employee discounts with a variety of outside vendors, discounted rates and reduced fees on mortgages, outstanding marketing & business development support, and downstream leadership and management opportunities.
While attending Caliber University you will:
- Observe various departments to achieve a basic understanding of the department roles, philosophy and interactions within the loan process. Use information gained and debrief in class to hone presentation skills and share knowledge.
- Participate in classroom learning via hands-on, group-oriented case study reviews using micro-learning and experiential learning.
- Complete self-directed online assignments and apply what you learn that day and gaining foundational concepts.
- Take and pass the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) exam prior to graduating from the course.
Upon graduation you will:
- Join a current branch for minimum of 2 to 12 months to experience how loans progress from sourcing to funding and to gain an understanding of the customer interaction model.
- As a fully licensed Caliber Loan Consultant you will present Caliber Value Proposition to potential business sources.
- Solicit new mortgage loan opportunities within existing and potential customer base.
- Promote the Caliber brand; support and reinforce those actions and behaviors that enhance the brand.
- Provide guidance to borrowers on loan processing flow including an introduction to assigned loan processor.
- Works with dedicated team to ensure optimum customer service and loan quality; collaborates with Loan Processor on follow-up of conditions and loan status communication to customer and referral partner.
- Ensures federal and state required compliance documentation is signed at time of application or has been mailed to the client for signature within 3 days of application interview.
The successful candidate is:
- Highly responsible and dependable with a committed focus on the customer
- Self-motivated and driven to establish a career through hard work and discipline
- Independent, resourceful and entreprenuerial-minded with an innate desire to take the initaitive
- Self-aware and able to take instruction, remain coachable and accept responsibility
- Self-confident and easily able to build long-lasting relationships
- Willing to demonstrate a sense of urgency, dedication and passion for exceeding expectations
- Proficient in Social Media, Microsoft Office applications and overall mobile and computer skills
The successful candidate possesses:
- Effective communication/listening skills
- At least 2 years sales experience (strongly preferred)
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- Excellent presentation skills
- A strong yearning for learning
- BA or Associates in –
- Completed an internship (preferred)
- Participated in extra-curricular activities on campus (preferred)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0