Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Information Technology Interns at Caterpillar perform the same challenging work assignments as our new full-time hires. We work with our teams to ensure that every intern gains the appropriate professional and personal growth necessary to be successful in a corporate environment. This position is a great way to gain hands-on experience by supporting IT operations at a world-leading manufacturing company. Summer 2024 interns will work 40 hours a week from May 13, 2024, to August 2, 2024.
If you are interested in applying for an internship position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Basic Qualifications :
- Must be enrolled full-time at a 4-year accredited university/college in an IT-related degree program
- Expected graduation date August 2024 and beyond
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA (both Major GPA & Cumulative GPA)
- 12 completed semester hours at a 4-year university before the start of the internship
- If a transfer student, you must have 12 semester hours completed at a 4-year university
- Must be able to relocate to indicated work location for the duration of the internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation
Top Candidates will also have
- Proficiency in any of the computer software applications or programming languages or technologies
- Previous internship in Information Technology
- Strong communication, teamwork, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed
- Ability to work independently and manage time as well as being a collaborative team member Able to manage own duties including setting priorities
- Familiar with company policies and procedures
Below are some areas of open internship positions:
- Network Analytics team
- Data Services Team (Middleware)
- End User Services
- Distributed Database Services
- Java Developer – .NET Developer, DevOps Tooling Developer
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience :
- Tours of manufacturing and research facilities
- Paid holidays
- Product demonstrations
- Various social events
- Networking with leadership
- Intern roundtable discussions
- Career discussion with leaders and experts
- Resume and mock interviews
- … and more!
Work location: Irving, TX, Nashville, TN or Peoria, IL
Relocation is available for this position. Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.