Cirrus Aircraft’s Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world’s first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) – the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
Assist the Electrical Engineering department with the design, integration, and testing of electrical systems on Cirrus aircraft and/or test benches. Systems include power generation and distribution, and analog circuit design. This is an entry level full time position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for the design, testing, certification, and ongoing engineering support of various aspects of aircraft electrical systems such as power generation and storage, power distribution, wire harness design, etc.
- Support mechanical and avionics systems with electrical integration details, including circuit design and analysis and electromagnetic effects/radiated field analysis and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate design development and system integration with subcontractors.
- Generate certification plans and reports to meet FAR Part 23 requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The below requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) required
- 0-2 years experience with general aviation avionics development/integration
Distinguishing Education and/or Experience:
- Prior experience with the following is desirable:
- Aircraft or automotive electrical system design
- Circuit board design and analysis
- Power generation and distribution
- Use of lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and data acquisition equipment
- Experience using CREO, Matlab, Eagle, VBA, or similar programs
- Working in a multifunction team
- Performing trade studies for alternative design concepts
- Reading and writing technical documents, such as design specifications, analysis reports, test plans, and test reports.
- Presenting design reviews to peers and management
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Aviation and Pilot experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to work both independently and within a cross-functional team
- Ability to efficiently learn new skills and manage multiple tasks
- Use of lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA, PTC Windchill PDM, and PTC Creo tools preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Prior relevant internship / co-op experience is a strong plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.
This opportunity is located in Duluth MN, North Dallas TX, or Phoenix AZ East Valley.
Cirrus gives priority to candidates interested in moving to our Duluth headquarters for innovation and activity center of our manufacturing, engineering, and enterprise operations. We will also consider candidates who are interested in working with us from Dallas, TX or Chandler (Phoenix), AZ.
Dallas Texas is the third most populous city (after Houston and San Antonio) and the metropolis of the sprawling Dallas–Fort Worth urban area, known locally as the Metroplex. Fort Worth lies 30 miles (48 km) west; other major cities in the metropolitan region include Arlington, Carrollton, Denton, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lewisville, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson, University Park and McKinney (home of the 1st remote Cirrus Aircraft Factory Service Center).
Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted “Best Town” by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Phoenix Arizona, East Valley. The economic growth and superior quality of life found in the PHX East Valley didn’t just happen overnight. From thriving cultural opportunities to amazing recreation areas, the PHX East Valley has developed into the place where individuals want to work, live and play. From pedestrian-friendly downtowns with urban vibes, to small town communities bustling with personality, to the Superstition Mountains where there is wide-open space and urban growth is on the horizon, the PHX East Valley has it all.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering.