MVS System Programmer – Irving, TX
The role of the z/OS Systems Programmer is to be part of a team of technicians providing ‘on-site’ and ‘out of hours’ support of the IBM z/OS operating system software and associated OEM products within the CTI Data Centers. The z/OS Systems Programmer also provides support in a consultative role to other teams within Citigroup.
- Identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware storage operating systems and connectivity solutions in line with strategic direction
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on systems configuration and integration performance analysis and optimization
- Design and impact timely delivery of resilient infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements and are stable resilient operationally supportable and cost effective
- Impact cost saves and cost avoidance by standardizing design solutions and exploring opportunities to recover unused capacity
- Manage the engineering of the installation & maintenance of z/OS operating system software and associated OEM products according to Citi’s software rollout strategy.
- Coordinate the builds of 2 SSMF global rollouts annually.
- Evaluate the criticality of installing security integrity fixes.
- Develop the schedule of significant technical activities globally.
- Work with the Storage & Hardware teams to deploy tech refreshes.
- Perform the pre & post change reconcilement validation.
- Engineer & test the disaster recovery procedures.
- Oversee the tracking & remediation of end of life software.
- Drive vendors for timely resolution of problems.
- Experience with IBM mainframe hardware & software products
- Recent college grads with mainframe experience will be considered
- Must have US work authorization (this position is not sponsoring visas)
- Must be local to Irving, TX or willing to relocate themselves (relocation assistance is not provided for this role)
- Understanding fundamental data processing concepts & terminology.
- Working knowledge of a programming language (REXX, JAVA, COBOL, Assembler, etc.).
- Familiarity with TSO, ISPF, JCL, zOSMF a plus. Possessing problem determination skills.
- Basic usage of PC tools (Word, Excel, etc.). Creating written procedure documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience