Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Integrated Mission Systems Engineering (IMSE) Department within Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering is seeking a systems engineering intern to help execute technical scope as a member of the platform systems team. An intern in this position will work closely with a team of systems engineers. Potential opportunities include supporting one or more of the following platforms: E-4, B2, E-6.
This systems engineering intern would be a part of a cross-functional team responsible for development, debugging, integrating and testing hardware / software capabilities related to the opportunities described. This systems engineering intern would join our Systems Engineering Team in Richardson, TX
- Systems engineering intern tasks may include (All under supervision and mentorship): assisting with technical trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications, documentation review and update, creating integration and test procedures, testing of hardware components, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports found during testing, providing written and verbal status of testing progress to the concurrent engineering team and providing suggestions for problem trouble report resolution.
- The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines (engineering, program management, senior leadership) and must have the ability to function well, both alone and with others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel, is highly desirable.
- Prior technical internships or co-ops desired, but not required.
- Experience with requirements programs (DOORS and/or Jama) is desired, but not required.
- Experience with issue tracking databases (Jira) is desired, but not required.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering is desired, but not required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year