The People & Culture Intern will assist the People & Culture Team with administrative and People related tasks. The People & Culture Intern is responsible for updating employee records, record retention, providing recommendations to improve People & Culture policies, procedures, and programs.
This position is responsible for drafting employee communications, notifying staff of policy and procedural changes. This position will able be responsible for completing special projects assigned by the People & Culture Leader.
This is an individual contributor role with no supervisory responsibility.
- Update database/HRIS in inputting employee information and employment details.
- Assist in the screening process for potential employees by reviewing resume’s, applications to identify suitable candidates to fill job vacancies.
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Post job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Remove job advertisements from job boards and social media platforms once vacancies have been filled.
- Coordinate new hire orientations.
- Respond to staff inquiries and regarding People policies, employee benefits, and other People related matters.
- Complete special projects assigned by the People & Culture Leader (i.e., Program Development – Intern, Fellowship, Residency)
- Attend and successfully completes all training required by Concord Church.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or studying Human Resources Management or related field.
- Working knowledge of U.S Labor Laws.
- Ability to securely handle confidential information is required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and Excel functions.
- Attention to detail to minimize errors.
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills.
- An employee in this position primarily works in a typical office environment, is generally sedentary, and uses computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment to draft documents, communication with church staff.
- An employee in this position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to interact with children, parents, staff, members, and volunteers.
- Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to manage stress, build professional, collaborative relationships, and reason through complex church business situations is required.
- A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work. This position may be expected to work overtime.
A Texas valid driver’s; licenses and an acceptable motor vehicle record is required.