Creative Works is seeking a sculptor/fabricator. This position will operate within our Foam Department to help in creating large-scale foam props for laser tag arenas, mini-golf courses, and other family entertainment attractions. The ideal candidate for this position is a creative, honest, reliable, and hardworking team player who loves to learn, is detail-oriented, and enjoys working with their hands.
Success in this role would mean a full understanding of our fabrication process, specifically related to the foam/hardcoating department. This role will be working closely with other departments to get to the end goal of creating visually impactful and durable props and packages for gaming arenas. Team members will learn about our CNC and hardcoating machinery and how it assists our fabrication process. It is essential to maintain this machinery in order to avoid delay in our production schedule, ultimately delivering a high quality product on a deadline. Understanding and balancing several projects at once is a daily task. Being organized is key.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carve and assemble foam props and prep them for polyurea hard coat.
- Adhering to company standards of quality and culture.
- Work alongside other artists to help with general carpentry and production needs– “Jack of all trades” mentality.
- Clear, respectful communication with team members.
- Help run the CNC machines within the department and perform routine maintenance.
- Spraying polyurea hard coat and maintaining spray equipment.
- Maintain a clean workspace.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Standing, bending, lifting. This is an active role.
- An eye for detail and quality control.
- Have the ability to adapt, independently analyze problems, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be proficient in carving and working in a subtractive sculpture medium (preferably foam).
- Prior experience in trades or fabrication, use of general handheld power tools such as reciprocating saw, jigsaw, router, etc.
- Prior experience with computers.
- Understanding CNC language and process is preferred, but not required.
Relatable Job Experience
- Scenic Designer
- Prop Designer
Pay and Benefits
- Job Type: Full-Time Hourly Non-Exempt (45+ hours weekly)
- Hours: 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday -Thursday (Friday overtime is a possibility based on production timelines and deadlines)
- Salary: $18.50-22.00 per hour based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life, ancillary, & pet insurance coverage opportunities available
- Financial wellness program available
- 401K opportunities available (Standard Safe Harbor Match)
- Generous PTO Plan as well as paternity & maternity time and several paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Creative Works is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
If so, please provide an introductory letter to us to help us better understand who you are and why you would like to join our team as well as a resume. Thank you!
Visit us online at https://thewoweffect.com/.