Food and Beverage Manager
- Oversee operations on a daily basis of multiple locations in CT (Wolcott, Bridgeport) and RI (Pawtucket)
- Manages the dining food and beverage services.
- Supervises daily a la carte dining, ensuring consistency in service and customer satisfaction.
- Assists with the management of functions and private special events.
- Conducts pre-function meeting with servers to ensure smooth, efficient services; assigns server stations.
- Performs the duties of MOD/closing manager and performs P.O.S. end of day functions a minimum of two nights per week.
- Participates in on-going facility inspections to assure that cleanliness, safety and other standards are consistently attained.
- Assist with the opening/supervising of seasonal pool Food & Beverage operation.
- Undertakes special projects as requested.
- Attends Food and Beverage and Department Head meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in the food and beverage budgeting process.
- Monitors the budget and directs corrective action procedures as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Monitors internal cost control procedures and performs inventories of china, glass and silver.
- Assists in maintaining the Point of Sale system and updating menu items and pricing.
- Monitors labor, evaluates scheduled and actual labor hours and costs.
- Plans and coordinates weekly training and professional development programs for service staff.
- Counsels with other managers and employees about employee grievances and complaints; directs problem correction where possible.
- Ensures that all staff are well-groomed and in proper uniform.
- Ensures that all server check outs are reconciled and submitted at the end of each shift.
- Manages service staff to include hiring, scheduling, training, counseling/performance evaluations and terminations.
- Maintains contact with customers and helps to assure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Interacts with customers by answering questions, solving problems, overseeing services and cleanliness and showing the facilities to visitors.
- Assures that state and local laws and policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Food safety certification
- Alcohol beverage certification
- Minimum 1-year previous F&B Supervision/Management experience required in FOH operations or relevant degree in hospitality program.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
- Must be able to handle hot and cold interior and outdoor conditions.