Inside the Role
The Dealer Credit Intern will support the credit underwriting process of dealers across the US. This includes detailed financial analysis of financial statements, evaluating the collateral position, review and preparation of various loan documents, and credit recommendations to various credit approval committees. This position assists in monitoring the financial condition of the borrowers by evaluating inventory trends, inputting financial statements, payment behaviors, loan covenants, and collecting loan charges. This role will be assigned to a key strategic project of replacement of the department’s financial spreading tool. In addition, this role is exposed to the various departments within in Credit Operations in order to gain an understanding of the supporting departments to Dealer Credit such as Wholesale & Financial Audit.
We Take Care of Our Team
- Competitive hourly pay
- Housing and transportation stipend
- Professional development and networking events, including resume reviews/mock interviews
- Event ticket offering (based on corporate availability)
- Company social events
What You Drive at DTFS
- Actively contribute and be a part of exciting projects that drive the future within the Daimler Trucks Financial Services organization
- Cross functionally work with various departments to create a collaborative environment
- Assist in the underwriting process of Dealers ( Financial Analysis, and Legal Documentation)
- Monitoring process of Dealers
- Assigned to special department projects ( Credit Lens financial spreading tool)
- Financial statement Account mapping
- Collaborate with other departments Wholesale/ Dealer Financial Audit & Wholesale Administration
- Be an ambassador to Daimler’s inclusive and diverse culture initiatives
Knowledge You Should Bring
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s/PhD Program from an accredited college/university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Creative mindset
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Analytical skills
Where We Work
This position is open to applicants who can work in the following location-
- Fort Worth, Texas
How We Collaborate
To continue building a great place to work for all, we are committed to a culture that creates flexibility and encourages a supportive working environment that achieves the needs of our business and employees.
- Most DTFS internships function on a hybrid schedule
- Schedule type may vary depending on the role and position location
Daimler Truck Financial is the captive financial services provider for the Daimler Trucks North America family of commercial vehicle products, including Freightliner Trucks, Western Star, SelecTrucks, Sprinter Vans, Thomas Built Buses and Fuso. We have specialized in financing commercial vehicles for more than 40 years. This proven experience gives us critical insights into helping businesses overcome challenges unique to the trucking industry. Additionally, we offer a range of financing solutions that can be customized to meet each individual business’s needs, from owner-operators to large fleet managers and nearly every venture in-between.
To achieve our goal of being the first-choice provider of vehicle financial products and services that support our brands, dealers and customers, we are looking for talented, diverse and inspired people with the skills, experience and innovative spirit to provide a first-class experience at every turn. We are committed to providing a great workplace environment that fosters a culture of openness, support and camaraderie. Our employee programs and benefits are reflective of our values and are designed to promote growth, balance and wellness in many aspects of your career and life.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the country of posting.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions.
Daimler Truck Financial Services is committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, or veteran status.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935