Denco Area 9-1-1 District, located in Lewisville, Texas, is soliciting resumes for self-motivated, professional individuals to perform day-to-day customer service functions in the position of 9-1-1 Technical Specialist. The 9-1-1 Technical Specialist ensures the continuous operations and functionality of all 9-1-1 technical systems by monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution and either performing repairs or coordinating with vendor partners. The 9-1-1 Technical Specialist accepts requests for service from partner agencies and provides immediate assistance via telephone or remote access. Specific areas of performance include:
- Manage, administer, and monitor the performance of Denco’s administrative network, microwave back-up network, and all 9-1-1 systems serving the district.
- Provide technical support to Denco’s administrative personnel and the telecommunicators serving all Emergency Communications Centers in Denton County.
- Install, configure, and manage PCs, laptops, physical and virtual servers, wired and wireless network equipment, and cabling infrastructure.
- Ensure network security through user education and the configuration and management of firewalls, antivirus services, and email management services.
- Compile, create, share, and contribute to technical reference documentation, instructional articles, and network diagrams related to various tasks and projects.
The 9-1-1 Technical Specialist will facilitate the flow of technical information between partner jurisdictions, vendors, telephone companies, and other entities while extensively collaborating with partner jurisdictions to collect and verify data and information necessary for effectively and efficiently maintaining the District’s 9-1-1 systems. The 9-1-1 Technical Specialist provides a variety of agency support services to include facilities maintenance functions, test proctoring, supply pick-up/delivery, software/hardware evaluation and procurement support.
The selected individual will work in a team environment to provide exceptional customer service and further Denco’s value proposition supporting citizens across the district and serving nine emergency communications centers.
Denco is seeking individuals to promote its mission, values, programs, and achievements to the public, partner agencies and other employees. Only individuals who can thrive in a culture that fosters high standards of ethics and commitment to public service should apply.
A minimum of two years’ experience in an IT, 9-1-1 call center or helpdesk position required. General knowledge of the following concepts helpful:
- Networking concepts (protocols, routing, switching, cabling)
- Network security concepts (firewalls, anti-virus, email protection, patching)
- Network administration (Active Directory, Group Policy configuration, Exchange management, server maintenance, backup/disaster recovery)
- PBX management
The selected individual must attend Vesta Installation and Maintenance Training within one year of employment and obtain certification as an Emergency Number Professional (ENP) through the National Emergency Number Association within one year of employment or achieving certification eligibility, whichever occurs first. Candidate must be willing to work all shifts and serve in an on-call rotation, if required.
The candidate must submit to a pre-employment criminal background investigation and drug test. Starting compensation up to mid $60,000’s based on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter indicating salary requirements to:
Denco Area 9-1-1 District
1075 Princeton Street
Lewisville, TX 75067
Or via email to email@example.com