The Investment Research Internship is designed to provide qualified candidates with exposure to a business providing investment management and research services. This Internship will focus on certain aspects of our investment process and will support and enhance the existing research infrastructure within the firm.
The Investment Research Intern’s primary role will be supporting the Director of Investment Research. The Intern will learn about our existing investment process and help with ongoing work related to it, and help with various projects related to improving our investment research process and infrastructure. There will be opportunities to participate in direct work with the firm’s Investment Committee in conjunction with other members of the team as well.
· Support the Director of Investment Research in all aspects of the investment due diligence and research process, including data collection, data entry, performance analysis, report writing, etc.
· Learn updating process and maintain tracking materials used firm-wide on current manager performance, and managers we are considering for placement in client portfolios, and offer suggestions for improvement
· Work with the Director of Investment Research to streamline our due diligence documentation process
· Attend meetings alongside the Director of Investment Research with representatives from current and prospective managers and document notes from the meetings
· Listen in/read and summarize manager conference calls, webcasts and commentaries for the Investment Committee and other members of the team
· Assist the Director of Investment Research with preparing Due Diligence Reports and research papers on various investment-related topics
· Learn to use the Bloomberg Terminal for particular investment research and reporting tasks
· Candidates must possess the highest degree of honesty, integrity and an ability to work effectively with people
· Must have an enthusiastic and positive approach to problem-solving and customer service, and the ability to take initiative
· High level of intellectual curiosity and detail-oriented, taking pride in the quality of the input and output of their work
· Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
The Internship is expected to be around 15 hours weekly, with hours per day and days of the week worked to be negotiated depending on the Intern’s schedule and ours, and will be compensated at $10/hour.
Applicants should apply through this portal, or by submitting an email to Josh.Fuller@diesslin.com
, making sure to include a cover letter, resume and current transcript. Please, no phone calls.