What is Education at Work?
We are a non-profit, US-based provider of contact center and collegiate workforce solutions with a mission to help students graduate with little to no debt and the skills you need to secure careers post-graduation. We do this by providing quality contact center and back office support positions on behalf of Fortune 500 companies where you can gain valuable career readiness skills, earn an hourly wage and have the opportunity to earn up to $5,250 each year you work with us in tax-free tuition assistance paid directly to your college or university.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Participant Services Inbound Phone Agent, you will help Fidelity customers maximize their retirement plan benefits by providing outstanding customer service for inbound calling customers.
What Are We Looking For?
- Students who are patient communicators and comfortable speaking with people over the phone
- Students capable of building customer loyalty through listening, relationship building, and professional communication skills
- Students who are able to influence, creatively problem solve, and find customized solutions
- Students who are responsible and able to handle a professional job in a business environment–this includes punctuality/attendance expectations, receptive to consistent feedback and coaching, and adaptability with a positive attitude, etc.
- Students who are able to work at least 20 hours per week – with the opportunity to work up to 35 hours per week during the school year and up to 39 hours during school breaks, (subject to our business needs)
- Students who are able to work year round – including the school breaks including summer and winter break
Perks of Our Positions
- Tuition Assistance – We’re 100% behind our mission of helping you graduate with less debt
- Future Career Building – EAW students have the unique opportunity to work with Fidelity while in college, creating a leg up on potential summer internships or full-time employment with our partners after you graduate
- Student-Friendly Environment – Everyone we employee on this program is a student, usually from a Westlake area college or university, creating a supportive community that understands the life of a working student (plus it’s a great place to make friends)
- Student-Centric Schedule – We will always work around your class schedule to ensure you never have to work while you’re supposed to be in class
What’s Not So Perky About Our Positions
- We have strict attendance and punctuality expectations – this is a professional job and we’ll hold you to that
- This is a routine phone work position which may be repetitive at times – including back-to-back phone calls and long periods of sitting down
- Not only do we work around your class schedule, but we also work around all of our students class schedules – this means we don’t always have the ability to work around other obligations (club meetings, social events, second jobs, internships, etc.) and expect you to make this job a primary part of your life (second to school – of course)
COVID-19 Training and Work at Home
Knowing the importance of the services we provide and the dedication to our mission, we are currently hiring students to work on behalf of Fidelity Investments in year-round customer services roles. Keeping your health and safety as a priority, training will be conducted virtually and the position will begin as work from home as to adhere to the stay-at-home/social distancing guidelines of the CDC. If hired, your required equipment will be shipped to you, and you will complete training and being working from your home. Please note that you must live with a 50 miles of Westlake, TX. Once we return to normal business, this position will be located at the Fidelity Campus in Westlake, TX.