- Pay: $40,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
- Benefits: 401(k)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
SolidWorks, 1 year (Required)
Denton, TX 76207 (Preferred)
Since 1998 EMLS has grown to become one of the leading Logistic companies in North Texas. We are seeking a Production Engineer to join our growing Elite team.
The Production Engineer develops and improves safety and efficiency of manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL duties and responsibilities:
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes by applying and monitoring lean manufacturing and mistake proofing techniques.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and work areas.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, improved efficiency, space utilization and work area/warehouse layout.
- Design the layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to maximum efficiency. Design and develop new production equipment.
- Design production areas to accommodate new jobs, product changes and/or improve process flow.
- Consult with suppliers and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Works with maintenance personnel to design, manufacture and install work cells.
- Develop manufacturing methods and processes to promote efficient staff, safety, and facility utilization.
- Develop and revise work instructions for production activities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate with quality and manufacturing personnel to resolve customer concerns, production problems and minimize cost.
- Project manager for manufacturing launch of new/revised products.
- Communicate with management and production personnel to develop production standards.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and three or more years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAD (SolidWorks preferred) and GD&T.
- Must be able to interpret and apply ISO 9001/IATF 16949 quality requirements (such as PFMEA development) and stay abreast of new industry standards and concepts.
- Must have strong leadership skill and exercise independent judgment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness, flexibility, team orientation and the ability to influence people.
- Ability to work under pressure, to coordinate and handle multiple priorities within deadlines and take initiative to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong writing, communication and presentation skills with experience and ability to communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Computer skills required: MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Solidworks.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- None required
- Six Sigma, Lean, 5S training preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to type, write, drive, or use tools; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must demonstrate the ability to meet these physical demands within their 90 day probationary period.
Work environment and environmental conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Typical work environment: 50% of the time is non-air conditioned with low amounts of dust, fumes, vapors and some exposure to physical risk, 50% of time is heated and air conditioned with no/low amounts of dust, fumes, or vapors and very limited or no exposure to physical risk.
Schedule: 8 hour shift
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Denton, TX 76207 (Preferred)