Location (city & State/Country): Denton, TX, USA
ESAB is a world leader in the production of welding consumables and equipment. Our brand is synonymous with world-leading expertise in the following key areas: * Manual welding and cutting equipment * Welding consumables * Welding automation * Cutting systems Celebrating 110 years since its founding, ESAB now serves a global market. We are represented in almost every country by subsidiaries or agents providing sales and support. ESAB also has manufacturing plants across four continents. Manufacturers everywhere are looking for ways to improve productivity and reduce operating costs. One way to achieve this goal is to align with a welding and cutting partner that offers a complete line of innovative solutions that meet the current demands of industry. ESAB has led the way in research and development of better technologies and products for this industry since its founding.
ESAB has many great minds working on ways to make our industry stronger and better able to meet the needs of the future. We are constantly striving to expand our product offerings from the best in traditional welding applications to large automated manufacturing facilities. ESAB continues to offer world-class technical support and educational opportunities to help our customers work smarter and better. We are dedicated to working with customers to help them be more productive, more profitable, and better able to compete.
This position has end-to-end process ownership for specific product lines. The process engineer is responsible to design, implement, and maintain the process. It involves supporting all aspects of manufacturing and quality (supplier quality, in-process quality, and Customer quality) engineering to ensure long-term sustainability. The role would play a balance between minimizing waste and reducing process variation, while ensuring optimal process cost.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate processes (equipment, tooling, procedures etc) to ensure effective cost control and maximum productivity are achieved. Develop and implement standard work.
- Optimize plant layouts ensuring end to end processes are covered.
- Support cutting tool & fixture designs; develop tool layouts/set up sheets & CNC programming.
- Provide product development support in the form of design input, costing, and time to market reduction.
- Develop continued method improvements through cycle time, material and labor saving initiatives.
- Ensures all processes in the plant specific areas meet ISO 9001 requirements.
- Conduct and lead MRB activities for assigned product groups. Conduct root cause analysis, determine disposition actions, corrective, and submit Application for Concession (AFC) if required.
- Qualify new and existing parts (PPAP) and monitor ongoing quality performance.
- Oversee improvement, preventive, and corrective action projects associated with repeat nonconformities.
- Serve as an Auditor for internal audits. Develop audit plans, document findings and submit corrective action requests (CAR) from results.
- Complete 8D’s for external/internal corrective actions as required. Process capability evaluation, Measurement System Analysis, Process FMEA, & Control Plan.
- Collaborate with Suppliers for issues related to Supplier quality and with Customers to reduce PPMs.
- Collaborate with design engineering, production, and other cross-functional teams for new product introductions.
- Support Management of Change process & Engineering change Implementation process.
- Machine shop manufacturing background preferred. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) is desirable.
- Excellent communication and computer skills. Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Experience with WinSPC or Minitab statistical software would be a plus.
- Experience in ISO 9001 is desirable
- JDE/SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma is preferred.
- English Read, write, speak
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering and 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing arena or Associate’s degree with 5 years’ experience.
- Proficiency with CAD, Pro/E or Solidworks required
- 3-5 years high volume manufacturing
Mobility & Travel Requirements
- 0-10% Domestic Travel
The ESAB Group Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not
discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status,
disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.