Exciting summer internship opportunity to work with a top consumer goods company in the quality appliance, plumbing and MRO segment. The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful, professional hands-on experience to students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Interns will have the opportunity for meaningful contribution to the host department’s business objectives while experiencing personal professional development. – Recent graduates or Seniors with 6 months internships in Product Manager, Merchandising and Market Research Analysis.
- Create value stream maps or process maps where applicable.
- Produce analysis for ROI where capital/expenditure may be involved.
- Clear lean documentation to show improvements in flow or labor.
- Produce opportunity matrix to properly prioritize opportunities and understand risks.
- Pilot recommended changes to prove feasibility.
- Assist in researching and sourcing new products from domestic and international vendors
- Work cross-functionally with the Purchasing, Creative, Sales and Marketing to launch new products
- Become knowledgeable in a given plumbing product category
- Provide product recommendations after reviewing competitor’s offerings, customer comments, end user research and market trends
- Enrollment in a Marketing, Business, Engineering Technology or related degree program
- Major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed at least two years of college education prior to start of internship
- Ability to effectively express thoughts/ideas through written and verbal communication
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to develop positive working relationships in a cross functional team environment
- School and/or work experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Leadership experience, including involvement in related student organizations
- Previous related internship experience