A design internship at Faulkner Design Group affords undergraduate interior design students an opportunity to contribute in an engaging and creative environment while developing their skills in a professional atmosphere. Interns will receive exposure to the design and construction process through direct involvement with the firm’s Project Managers. These positions are generally for a part-time, paid internship (minimum 20 hours), but can include non-paid positions for internships that are less than 20 hours per week.
Faulkner Design Group understands that education of the student is the top priority, so we offer flexible working hours and schedules. The Student must have completed their second year in an accredited interior design program.
· Assist the Project Designer or PM / SPM with producing “mood shots” and relevant imagery, as well as pulling
fabric and ordering samples of finish materials for presentations
· Assist with production of colored / rendered presentation documents
· Pulling options for materials, furniture, and finishes for Project Manager approval and performing vendor
research / coordination
· Maintain the organization and samples of the Design Library
· Keep project files organized for easy access and review
· Organize cut sheets and project information for construction documents as well as FF&E
· Produce framed / unframed material and marketing boards
· No travel is required
· Professional Licensure: Not Required
· Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Progress or Degree in Progress from CIDA Accredited School
· Software: Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite, Photoshop, SketchUp, InDesign, PowerPoint, and Bluebeam
· Experience: Must have completed second year in school (see above)