NOTE: This posting will close on Friday, October 30th.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation’s central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You’ll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you’ll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June and will be based in the Dallas office.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
The Research department undertakes research and analysis to benefit monetary policy. The department prepares briefings to support the Bank President’s participation at FOMC meetings in addition to producing and publishing relevant, timely and innovative research.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist economists in the regional/energy, macroeconomics/financial, or international group in compiling data/background research
- Provide a high level of support by locating, obtaining and compiling statistical data, constructing files, producing charts and other graphics, and performing statistical and econometric analysis under the direction of economists for assigned projects
- May contribute with ideas and suggestions for project improvement
- Modeling, Forecasting and Economic Analysis – Economics
- Develop, analyze and model operational, economic, management and accounting data
- Recommend/suggest solutions to new and complex problems, develop innovative strategies, quantify the competitive performance of the organization’s operations and/or markets, evaluate the potential impact of changes and reports on economic forecasts that affect the industry
- Collect and analyze economic data on economic conditions that affect the organization’s industry (e.g. inflation, national debt) for use in studies and reports to management
- Share knowledge and provides advice to other research assistants and interns on a variety of economic issues and assignments
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Completed your Junior year with coursework in economics, statistics, econometrics, math, and computer science
- Basic knowledge of programming in a package such as STATA, R, Python or Matlab
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Basic knowledge and understanding of economic variables and their interrelationships
- Knowledge of the purpose and nature of specific data sets requested by economists
- Understanding of econometric techniques that facilitate interpretation and use of data in economic analysis
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
OUR ONSITE BENEFITS:
- Free access to 1,400 ft2 fitness center (open 24/7)
- Free parking garage onsite just for Bank staff
- Free DART public transportation passes
- Café and dining options onsite
- Dress for your day
OUR VIRTUAL BENEFITS:
- Flexible location and hours
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Professional development opportunities
- One-on-one Senior Management engagement across District
- Broader networking opportunities across District
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
This is a security sensitive position. By federal law, this position requires that the candidate be a U.S. citizen.
Employment is contingent upon the selected candidate passing a background check and drug screen. Candidates will be required to submit at least three references and submit fingerprints prior to employment.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.