Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Intern Information Technology – Dallas
Job Requisition Number: RC280876
Plano, Texas 75075
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Completion of a undergraduate degree OR enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Business Analytics, Management, Finance, Economics, Information Security/Science/Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, or other related major.
IT Positions Range From Highly Technical To More Business-focused, Including But Not Limited To The Following
Operating an extensive global computer network, the FedEx Services IT department contains approximately 5,000 professionals.
- Application Development and Support
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Customer Technology Consultant
- Data Analytics
- Data Engineering
- Data Modeling
- Data Privacy
- Data Science
- Database Administration
- Information Security (Cybersecurity)
- Fraud Identification and Modeling
- IT Architecture
- Policy Management
- Project Management
- Regulatory Analysis
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain
- System Administration
- Systems Support
- Technical Analysis
Full-time internship opportunity from June 2021 to August 2021. This position can be domiciled in the Dallas, TX area. This job posting is multiple areas within IT.
Business Analyst and Project Management-Focused Roles
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with technology industry research, global business intelligence, and emerging trends analysis. Work may also include analysis of specific business metrics and research/analysis of data, industry trends, and market information. The project may relate to a mobile app, geo-fencing, revenue systems, or another initiative. Individuals will work either on a team of 4-6 interns or on individual project assignments.
The successful candidate may assist with one or more of the following:
- Conduct data analytics, report development, and/or research for FedEx IT initiatives.
- Interact with business partners and/or IT staff to gather, plan, design, implement, and document software requirements for a FedEx IT project matched to business needs, systems functions, and business process flows.
- Address customer problems or requests for information on customer automation systems, FedEx software and/or FedEx deployed technologies.
- Analyze business needs, implement customer solutions and provide technical product support.
- Measuring and analyzing trends and validating need for process changes to maintain optimum customer support and satisfaction.
- Support Information Security governance, risk management and compliance processes.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting of internal compliance against external regulations and industry standards.
- Assist with performance of risk assessments, oversight and enforcement activities to meet enterprise-wide information security requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Business and project/program management skills; organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and monitor ongoing results; leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following: the software development process, systems applications and architecture, networking, Query Languages, “R,” MATLAB, Python, C++, objective-C, C#, Swift, Java, iOS/Android Mobile development, and SQL.
- Analytical and research skills; knowledge and/or experience with statistics or big data and report design/development.
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, forecasting/modeling, strategy planning, and project management.
- Experience in analytical/quantitative business, operations, or economics; coursework or experience in global studies.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Ability to solve business and technical customer-related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation skills; knowledge of PowerPoint or Prezi and the Office suite.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will apply modern technology to assist with development of computer programs and applications for real-world FedEx business initiatives.
The candidate may complete root cause analysis as well as test, document, and implement IT projects for FedEx IT initiatives. Individuals may also perform database design, database support, and systems enhancements. Individuals will work either on a team of 3-6 interns or on individual project assignments.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Solid foundation in computing
- Knowledge and/or experience with one of the following: system administration, systems applications, systems architecture, database administration, and technical requirements analysis.
- Familiarity with Unix, Linux or Windows administration and scripting.
- Familiarity with designing and evaluating IT solutions.
- Hardware and software technical background.
- Experience in IT or Information Security.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including technical writing.
- Basic understanding of business principles and project management.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively.
The Following Are Considered a Plus
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Business, Management, Project Management, Supply Chain, Transportation, Operations, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Business Analysis, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Programming, Information Security, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Engineering, Business Analysis, Data Structures and Analysis, or other quantitative major.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume Must Include The Following Information
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
Expected Internship Program Timeline
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
This position can be domiciled in the Dallas, TX area.