We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer with a strong package design and production background to work in our fun, fast-paced and energetic creative art department. As a Graphic Designer, you’ll use Adobe Creative Suite to create B2C packaging that is appealing while showcasing the functional side of our holiday décor line-up.
- Communicate with Sales Team, Product Development and International Teams on print guides and product information.
- Accept Creative Director’s input and suggestions with positive attitude.
- Create packaging concepts, graphics and visual elements, e.g., sketches, prototype, etc.
- Utilize style guides, develop new seasonal style guides and apply style guide/branding to product packaging.
- Effectively manage projects, creating layouts and design within short timelines.
- Manage internal proofing of designs.
- Make necessary changes in the design related to product.
- Finalize packaging design, including completing all mechanical requirements, prior to production.
- Understanding the Adobe Creative Suite to bring packaging concepts to life.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree or minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience.
- Possess a strong knowledge and history of box construction as well as printing and production process (including the four-color process and spot color).
- Highly proficient in Adobe suite: Illustrator and Photoshop (Acrobat and InDesign a plus).
- Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-through skills.
- Must have strong time management skills to respect and keep track of tight deadlines.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Gemmy Industries offers an exceptional benefits package and employee perks, including:
- Health coverage, including dental and vision.
- 401K participation/company matching.
- Spacious, open workspace with Vari workstations
- Onsite gym and complimentary boot camp classes
- Gemmy Central, a full kitchen and break area
- Stocked gourmet food and snack options
- Complimentary filtered water and customizable coffee drinks / hot beverages
- Continental breakfast on Fridays with bagels or donuts and fruit
- Summer hours with Friday afternoons off
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, a performance-based bonus program, a benefits package that includes insurance coverage, 401(k), and career growth opportunities.
If you have the skills to work as part of our fun, energetic team and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
ABOUT GEMMY INDUSTRIES
Founded in 1984 in Dallas, Texas, Gemmy Industries has been a groundbreaker in the novelty, animation, and seasonal décor industries. Gemmy’s animation expertise created such pop culture classics as Pete the Repeat Parrot, Douglas Fir and, of course, Big Mouth Billy Bass. The originator of Airblown® Inflatable, Gemmy pioneered the way for life-sized figures in Christmas and Halloween decorating and blazed new trails in lighting solutions and technology – most notably with LIGHTSHOW® LED projection lighting.
Gemmy products have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and The Washington Post, as well as being prominently featured on The Tonight Show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien and The Colbert Report.